Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: Wax Play - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wax Play

#1 User is offline   sscsub Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:50 AM

My experience with this is VERY limited but I wanted to find out if I remembered correctly from my Friends explanation.

Non scented candles (preferrably paraffin) are the safest?

The higher the wax is dropped from, the less painful?

Beeswax candles are not to be used?

I'll apologize if these questions seems elementary...but I'm good at playing the school girl. *giggles*

sscsub

#2 User is offline   leilou Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Member

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:59 AM

*giggles and sends ssc to the wax slut...err...expert of all time...Serenity*

ohhh ssc, these are perfect questions and at a perfect place
"People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true."
- Robert J. Ringer.

"We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us"
- Virginia Satir

#3 User is offline   sscsub Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:09 AM

Thanks leilou! I'll be looking forward to hearing what she has to say. : )

sscsub

#4 User is offline   cait Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Proud slave to Master WanderingStarr. We live in Vancouver, BC.

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:08 PM

Hiya sscsub

RE: Wax play

1. 100% pure paraffin is the best. Candles that claim to be "longer burning", "longer lasting", etc. usually have an ingredient called stearic acid added to them. This not only makes them burn longer, it makes them burn hotter and can pose a safety hazard. Color doesn't matter as long as the candle is pure paraffin.
2. The heat of the wax hitting your skin can be regulated by the height the candle is held from your body. The higher it is, the more time the wax has to cool before hitting your skin.
3. The higher the candle is held, the more the wax splatters when it hits. Ensure that the subs eyes are protected.
4. This can be messy...plastic or a tarp underneath the sub helps protect furniture and carpets.
5. For safety's sake, for fire play of any type, a fire extinguisher must be handy.
6. Ensure that there is a safe and stable place to put the burning candle when not in use.
7. Realize that the wax is usually peeled or scraped off. If the body part being waxed has hair...that hair is gonna come off with the wax!
8. Some people burn easier than others. It's a good idea to test this out on the inner side of your forearm first...then proceed with caution to other parts of the body. Once your tolerance has been established....have fun!

A personal opinion here....I believe every Dominant should have knowledge of basic first aid before engaging in any type of play.
cait (WS_perfectangel)Posted Image

"The foolish crowd never quite understands...
The worth of a soul, and the change that is wrought
By the touch of Master's hand."? MyraWelch

#5 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 March 2004 - 03:17 PM

Great post, angel :D

And there's a great lead-in for another thread in the Health and Safety Forum.....First Aid for Dominants. I wonder if anyone knows a real medical doctor, EMT, or paramedic that is Lifestyle aware who would like to participate regularly here? That would be a great addition to the Board.

Again, thanks for all that good info, angel.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#6 User is offline   sscsub Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2004 - 03:44 PM

Wow, thanks angel! : )

Baby oil for easy removal? (If you're into the easy way.. *lol*)

sscsub

#7 User is offline   cait Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2004 - 04:33 PM

No on the baby oil, ssc....never put oil on a burn.

#8 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 March 2004 - 05:57 PM

Pssst...angel?

I might be wrong, but I think ssc was referring to baby oiling before waxplay so that the wax will release from skin and hair more easily. That works pretty well, too.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#9 User is offline   cait Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:13 PM

LMAO...I'm sure you are right MDale...I always seem to look at things from the medical or safety side...thus the no oil on a burn...lol. Besides...the removal of the wax isn't supposed to be easy, is it? *grinsssssssss*

This post has been edited by WS_perfectangel: 05 March 2004 - 06:18 PM

#10 User is offline   sscsub Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:23 PM

the removal of the wax isn't supposed to be easy, is it? *grinsssssssss*

*lol* my point exactly. ; ) And, yes, I meant for before playing.

But, let's say one did get burnt...what would be the best ointment? Any burn ointment..or lotion..?

sscsub

#11 User is offline   Master Wanderingstarr Icon

• Active Contibutor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Hello <br>Just a little idea as to who I am . I am a Dominant from the Pacific Northwest,I live in the part of the world that God made special- supernatural BC Canada. If you have ever been to BC you will understand why I say God made it special, one can not gaze on the wonders of this province and not see the handiwork of a true Master. As for Me, I am still learning this that we do ( I hope to be still learning when I am chasing nurses down the hall in my wheelchair swinging a flogger ), one can never learn too much .I see myself as a Dominant, teacher, lover,friend of my sub.I will teach any that come to me seeking knowledge, I believe it is a duty of those that know to teach those that are searching out their true nature. To this end I will always be open to any that need Me.<br>I am Master Wanderingstarr, a friend to all.

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:25 PM

UMMMMMMMMMMMM seems to me that the removal of wax is a lead in for a very favorite Play of mine. LOL . The use of very sharp KNIVES to remove the wax and of course to do more. LOLOLOLOLOL

#12 User is offline   sscsub Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:26 PM

mmmmmmmm, love knives. *fans herself*

sscsub

#13 User is offline   cait Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:33 PM

Treatment for burns:

First degree (redness, mild swelling and pain):
Apply cool water for 15 min., then apply clean, lint free dressing.
Aloe Vera juice or gel may be applied.
Don't apply butter, margarine, etc.

Second degree (deeper, blisters develop):
Immerse in cool water and blot dry.
Apply sterile dressing.
Treat for shock.
Obtain medical attention, if severe.
Don't break blisters, remove shreds of tissue or use antiseptic, ointment spray or home remedies on severe burns.

Third degree (deeper destruction, skin layers destroyed):
Cover with sterile cloth to protect.
Treat for shock.
Watch for breathing difficulty.
Obtain medical attention quickly.
Don't remove charred clothing that is stuck to burn, apply ice or use homemade medication.

my personal opinion...anything that would result in a burn greater than first degree should not be indulged in

#14 User is offline   Ginger Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 05 March 2004 - 09:52 PM

Wax play is fun and YES ABSOLUTELY, the most fun is the use of the proper knife (breathing hard just typing it) to remove it. However, as a point of information -- something someone besides me may forget. I'm not silly about play, and this was a dumb dumb mistake, so just a reminder.... The last time I "almost" got involved wth wax the first drop hit me and I hit the ceiling. I had been to a spa that day and had a full body scrub. My skin was so ultra raw and sensitive that when the wax hit it could have ( probably should have) been safeword time. Luckily I play with someone who knows my body reactions well enough to realize I'd reacted strangely and immediately stopped. My point -- even if we know our own bodies and/or that of the person we are playing with, we need to be aware of silly things that can change our abilities to do things.
"At times it is strangely seductive to know the extent of your own powerlessness." Erica Jong

#15 User is offline   serenity Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Member

Posted 06 March 2004 - 04:25 PM

*grins wide* of all the topics to come across in O/our loverly little forum, imagine my suprise when I saw one on my favorite subject *WAX!!!!!* ~snickers~

I have had a serious and almost biblical love of wax for a very VERY long time. I would even take a chance in saying I think I'm the epitome of what most would call a bonified wax slut. I think several of the members here have seen this of me in the past (I promise I won't mention my last demo LMAO)

Below is a copy of what I wrote a few years ago for my web site upon the subject of wax play, I hope E/everyone who is curious will enjoy reading it, of all the things I enjoy discussing is wax play thank you for bringing it up for a bit of a discussion.

*S/serenity*

Before I go into an explanation of what Wax Play is,
I want to *CAUTION* you that this is NOT a game and is
NOT intended to cause permanent damage, physical harm,
or mental harm to ANYONE.

As always, ANY BDSM Play of ANY kind is to be taken seriously,
extreme caution and care of ALL involved is a MUST it is
NOT an option!

What is it?

Wax play is a very erotic and exciting BDSM type of sensual play. It uses wax usually in the form of a candle.

What are the Safety Precautions?

1. Discuss and agree on a Safe word before anything else.

2. Always have a small bucket of water on hand when using fire close to where you are planning to play.

3. cooled wax gets VERY messy I suggest to use an old sheet, or a plastic shower curtain to keep the wax in a confined area where ever you are going to play.

4. Types of wax and candles are very important this will be discussed later in the explanation. Make sure you know what type of wax is in the candle you use. This is a matter of keeping yourself or your partner from being hurt seriously!

5. Never EVER leave Your partner bound in a room alone, do NOT leave the room with Your partner tied up with a candle burning close by. This is not only very dangerous but quite frankly stupid.

6. Test the wax on a place such as the inside of your wrist or on your arm to make sure it is not too hot to be able to deal with. Always test a candle before you begin to play.

7. Make sure you never sit a candle down while it is still burning or sit it near drapery or cloth or anything that may catch fire, please review all your fire safety rules and keep all of these rules in the top of your head when you play.

8. Always have a candle holder available to place your candle in or make sure it is contained in or on something that is stable so it will not tip or fall over and catch anything on fire.

Types of Candles and Wax

Bees wax- Hottest burning candle there is DO NOT use bees wax candles for wax play as you are playing with danger they WILL leave third degree burns in places they are never recommended for wax play. There is often honey left in the beeswax which gives the candles their distinctive pleasant smell, but also holds the heat.

Metallic candles- These are NOT to be used for wax play as they have flecks of metal shards in them for the visual look of the candle, they will burn straight down into the skin and it is painful as will scar.

Dripless candles- These burn hot as well and are not recommended for beginners they have additives such as hardeners and can also give you or your partner second degree burns.

Colored & scented candles- These candles burn hot as well due to the color and perfume additives in them they are hot but not as hot as the above mentioned.

Paraffin candles- These are the perfect candles for beginners, You can get these in your local Ace Hardware or a department store Most people call them emergency or hurricane candles.

Novena candles- Another perfect candle for use in wax play You can buy novena candles at a grocery store or at a religious retail store, they are also paraffin based and burn at very low temperatures.

How is Wax play done?

Light your candle and let the heat melt the wax into a small pool. Some like to start out letting small drops of wax hit the trunk of the body (tummy and chest). If it is your first time I suggest the outside of the leg in more less sensitive areas to begin with and work your way up or down the body as the case may be as your partner gets used to it. Please be very careful not to let the wax cake or stack on the skin, such as letting wax fall on top of wax this makes the heat in the melted wax stay hotter longer giving you a volcano type effect it will burn you as it gets higher the lower levels keeping the heat concealed. As you learn wax play, you will realize many different things you can do to enhance the sensations, such as using ice to first numb or cool the skin before applying drops of wax, drizzling the wax into patterns slowly, blowing seductively upon the skin where pools of melted wax lay. I have also found personally that if you oil your skin down before you begin wax play (baby oil works well), the wax tends to peel off with ease, and that is another fun aspect of wax play, slowly removing the wax ... Waxplay is a fantastic form of sensation play that I throughly enjoy, be careful, be safe be sane and above all keep it consentual and have a blast!
I generally avoid temptation, unless I can't resist it.

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses." ~Allophones Karr

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users