Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: Help with IE - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with IE anybody got any ideas

#1 User is offline   Ginger Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

For some reason for the past couple of days when I attempt to go to IE it loads and then dumps giving me the Microsoft error message

I've sent te message, but that doesn't help. Anybody got any ideas what could go wrong with IE. My connections are fine -- I can still use my AOL, my Yahoo and my Verizon, but none of these works with the Wednesday discussioin group, so I NEED my IE back.

Ginger
"At times it is strangely seductive to know the extent of your own powerlessness." Erica Jong

#2 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

I have fixed this problem in the past using GoBack and stepping the entire comp back to a date prior to the error. You probably don't have this app. Maybe windows restore would do thr same. If not try running a strong antispyware app. I think this error nay be a result of either a faulty windows update or a blocked malware with toxic behavior
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#3 User is offline   wettmickey Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

I had a similar issue that only got worse with time. I tried the running virus and spybot ware from numerous companies. Microsoft blamed it on a possible yahoo compatibility issue. But it was happening when I was doing searches and didn't even have yahoo open and running. The only thing that cured mine was downloading everything that was near and dear to me onto cds. Reformatting the hard drive, but using FireFox as browser.

Had to pay attention during the reformatting, for the hardware kept recommending using IE. But it was well worth it, I have no more issues and my 4 year old computer is running faster.

Good Luck

#4 User is offline   SMF Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Ginger, whats the error message? Does IE work at all, or is it just some sites? What version of IE are you using? Did you put on a new version of AOL recently?

SMF

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users