Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: Hi there... - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hi there... ..it's been a while...

#1 User is offline   leora Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Just wanted to post a little "hello" to E/everyone....some of you may remember me ....has been a while since i perused the board and posted....and happened to find myself in the chatroom for the Monday night discussion...that now happens on Weds *L*

So...hi, Yya'll! :wave: Good to see some familiar faces

-leora

#2 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hi Leora...nice to see you again. Hope all is well with you.

Actually, I stopped the Monday night discussion groups shortly after moving them to Wednesdays. We were getting a few people showing up every week, but it was really poorly attended and I felt it was not worth doing any more. It's time had come and gone.

We still get bumps of traffic here. I think a good amount of people come to read in the large library of posts. We dont see enough people stopping to post and share, though. I am so glad you did.

I have no plans to change or take this Board away. It is still a valuable resource and a place where people who have fallen out of touch can leave a note for old friends.

Again....thanks for stopping in.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#3 User is offline   leora Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Hi there, Master Dale....so nice to see You again, as well.

Things are actually going fairly well for me. i've rather enjoyed the process of maturity that i've been through over the past couple of years...and to think, i was just sure i knew it all way back when i still 18...LOL

i'm so glad to hear you've no plans to take down this board, Master Dale. It is an absolute wealth of information! Every time i come here, i always find something to read, something that enriches me...makes me smile...something to relate to.

Anyways, i do hope all is well with You and Yours. It's so exciting to be back here...even if it's just to read, read, read..... funny how reading older posts that i've read before is now showing me different meanings and insights than before....and how i absolutely cringe at some of the posts i made myself. :wacko: oh well...

#4 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

You aren't alone in that cringe factor, leora. This Board chronicles my own growth and changes in perspective over the past 5 1/2 years, too. And I have changed my views on a lot of things. I like to think I know more than I did back then, too.....though as we get older, it feels like we know less and less.

But all of it is good. And I have come to understand that what I believe today may not have worked for me back then if I had known it. We have to evolve. We have to go through the stages and move a step at a time. So my old viewpoints that I dont really subscribe to any more may actually help someone who is newer. Like you said, there are gems throughout the Board. You just have to dig for the ones that make sense to you.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#5 User is offline   Michael's jewel Icon

• momma
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:NCSF<br />NLA-I<br /><br />http://fetlife.com/users/122937

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi leora and welcome back too! I get that cringe thingie when I read some of my older posts too. But on the other hand, it has been a wonderful way for me to gauge my growth too. I am still finding those moments when a mentor or someone with more experience than me said something that did not make sense. It often makes more sense to me to as I gain more experience. I think that the growth factor is a large part of what I enjoy about sharing and these boards more than anything. I mean, my relationship is constantly growing and expanding, where I choose to learn should continue with growth too.

And as far as this BB in particular, no matter what takes us away or how long we are not here, coming back IS just like coming home.

Jules
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

-Judy Garland

WNCPEX Discussion*Support*Connection

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users