Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: I need an advice - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need an advice I need an opinion

#1 User is offline   Salgegnalcona Icon

• Group: Members
  • Interests:Fishing

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hello!
I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like www.masterdale.com is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "Chit-Chat" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.
Website I developed for Bad Credit Loans Company

#2 User is offline   MistressLydia Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Natural domme who is looking to better understand the domme/sub dynamic. Not looking to find someone... just want to interact with those who understand me. I discuss my ideas with friends but since none of them are, on their own, fascinated its a little one sided.<br /><br />Other interests: painting, sculpting, acting, rock climbing, being exposed to all types of music, dancing, cooking, reading, meeting interesting people who challenge my points of view and much more...

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

Salgegnalcona,

Does sound like a tricky situation.

My ex husband use to drum up work on craigslist, as well. But you could also try contacting businesses who have a poor designs currently. (And no I don't mean asking BDSM forums. lol) Try business that could benefit from a well designed site. If you have to even develop a small presentation with stats on how he business may be impacted. I know it sound like a bit of work but that's the state of the economy. People aren't going to spend unless they think it's going to make them more money in the end.

Also, you need to network more. Start by asking friends and family to keep you in mind if they hear anyone talking about needed a website. People tend to forget things that don't affect them personally so keep reminding them.

Also, you should have your portfolio and website illustrating your skills and experiences. These days no one has money to invest in someone they if aren't sure of the capabilities.

hmmm...what else.

Be creative. Maybe you could also trade your services for discounts and other services you may need. Check the barter area of craigslist.

Network with everyone you me. Fine tune your charm and smooth talking.

Ok, that's all I can't think of at the moment. Good luck.

Now that that's out of the way. I must let you know that it may be seen as inappropriate for you to be messaging a BDSM forum for job advice.
I do hope things turn around for you and your family. Stay positive.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users