Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: Needles with candles - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Needles with candles A scene I saw

#1 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

At a private party (which are good, but also don't have to follow many of our 'public' (not entirely, but certainly not a personal-must-have-3-references-and-be-known-by-seventeen-people-invitation-only) and thus more 'risky'), I witnessed a scene that made me incredibly jealous. In it, my friend was laid on her side and peirced with [as many years old] needles, across her body so that the needles stood up vertically. On the 'up side' of each needle was a birthday candle. The candles were all lit once all the peircings were done, but were blown out almost immediately. The needles all had the little plastic things on the non-pointy end, you know, where you insert the syringe, so I don't *think* any wax got on the metal.

Anyway, I thought it was really sexy but I'm unsure as to how safe it was. I'm not looking for comments on needle safety itself, as I know some people disagree. More on the wax issue, being so close to skin and...semi-open wounds.

I don't think this was DANGER DANGER DANGER REPORT REPORT REPORT or anything, I'm asking mainly because I'd like to have a similiar experience but don't want to have overly increased worries of infection or burning. I'd also like to leave them in longer than my friend did, if possible, because I'm a whore like that.

Anyway, thoughts?
"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy

#2 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hi lovely. I have seen this kind of play a couple of times before. I do like the look of "birthday tits" with little lit candles on them.

The only risk I can think of is infection. A standing woman with birthday tits might have the flames kind of close to skin...but good placement on a busty woman with perky boobs should make for a safe flame experience. Or she could just lay down flat and solve that problem completely.

We dont really know what is in the wax of your typical store bought birthday candles. Coloring additives and the type of wax there are a mystery. So, I guess you could have a concern about them burning too hot and dripping wax causing some skin burns. But you did point out that they were blown out fast. That should be enough to make it a safe experience.

As for some kind of pathogen in the wax entering the wound from the needle? The times I have seen this it was done with small guage needles...I am not really sure of the exact size. But I think the falling wax is pretty viscous and tends to harden right as soon as it hits the skin. The top part of a droplet may be liquid, but the part that is contact with the skin is solidifying the instant it hits. And for most people with healthy skin, the skin is elastic and tends to grip the needle. It is not a tight seal, especially on small guage needles. But it's definitely not much of an opening. I dont really think much can get inside through that wound.

I know some people do recycle their wax....using it for waxplay, scraping it off of someone and putting it back in the pot for remelting next time. At low temps, I can see the pot as a potential breeding ground for germs. But I dont think people would be taking that recycled wax to make their own little birthday candles. It's too much work. Still, if they are because they want to make sure they are using a low melting temp wax for safety's sake, then it is probably a good idea to either use virgin wax or "cook" the recycled wax to kill off any germs. Others may have a different thought on this, but I think if you can bring the wax up to a temp around the boiling point of water and hold it there for a while, it should kill off any living germs. I am not sure if this will hurt the wax. But then, I dont think people are going to use recycled wax, dip their own candles from it, and need to bother with any of this.

Hope this helped.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#3 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

Well, I wouldn't have mine blown out as quickly as she did. But it sounds like there aren't really any concerns, which is good. :)

I was also a tad worried about the needle, like, getting so hot it burns the peircing site, from the inside. But I guess the plastic thingy stops that from happening?
"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy

#4 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

If the flame burned down so much that the wick was burning inside the plastic housing above the needle, the dangers are many. But who is going to let the candle burn down that low? Seems like someone should be able to think of a birthday wish and blow them out long before that happens *winks*

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#5 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

Which would be fine except I'd probably wish for more wax. ;)

Also, my birthday's not until October. I'm thinking I could be *his* gift though... (Jan 23rd). But it's hard to be all, "Sir, for your birthday I'm going to let you peirce me 3X times, and stick candles on them, and then if you want you could get out the knives." But I can't exactly do it on my own to surprise him, and having someone else do it makes it less of a gift for him, I'd think.

Ah well, I'm a good girl, I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later. :)

#6 User is offline   SMF Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Lovely1, its highly unlikely, as MasterDale said, that an infection would result from the way dripping on the skin near/on the needle. At the melting point of paraffin most pathogens (but not all) are gone. I would be more concerned about the melting temperature of the birthday candles - they're probably too hot to let drip on the skin.

That being said, birthday candles done that way do look nice.

#7 User is offline   ONEEOD Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Dom and Top Too (oh ya, that is another AOL screen name I have). Beaches at sunset, long walks, picnics, window shopping, dancing, racy romance novels and having my hair done. NOT!! I like tools, bottoms and reactions, not necessarily in that order.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

How about this? After the needles are in place, melt a small pool of paraffin at the base of each needle to not only hold it up but catch the initial wax from the birthday candles? Would look just as cool and provide some relief from the birthday candles.

Just a thought,
Bob (one who thinks out of the box, but is more comfortable in it)
"Seek and ye shall find"

#8 User is offline   tiamet Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

One thing that I always do before I'm going to bottom to any sort of scene that requires healing, such as a heavy beating or extensive play piercing, is do a detox diet for a week or two. It does wonders for increasing my healing time and I've found it also makes a profound difference in my emotional recovery times as well. We have a microbiologist in our community that likes to remind us that there is no such thing as a sterile scene, and its good advice. When you prepare for every scene internally and externally as though it is an infection risk you actually have a bit more wiggle room if you want to get edgy.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users