Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: Wartenburg wheel...with electricity!!! - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wartenburg wheel...with electricity!!! Help! Tell me if you've tried it and how did you like it? Ad

#1 User is offline   MistressLydia Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Natural domme who is looking to better understand the domme/sub dynamic. Not looking to find someone... just want to interact with those who understand me. I discuss my ideas with friends but since none of them are, on their own, fascinated its a little one sided.<br /><br />Other interests: painting, sculpting, acting, rock climbing, being exposed to all types of music, dancing, cooking, reading, meeting interesting people who challenge my points of view and much more...

Post icon  Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

Swoon...I just feel in love with the idea of a toy I saw.

Wartenburg wheel...except it is doubled with electrical pulses!

http://store.purplep.../Detail?no=1122

Has anyone used one and how did you or you partner like it???

Very excited about this little doodad.

M Lydia

PS. Thank you Dale for suggesting purplepassion.com in one of your responses.

#2 User is offline   lil.red.ridinghood Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:In no particular order: <br />Swing Dance, Erotic Dance, Sensation Play, Theater, Environmental Education, Inquiry Method, Editing Video, Pets, Submission, Love, Passion, Community, Fraggle Rock, TwoBigMeanies, Bottoming Skills, Topping Skills, Stockings, Corsets, Costuming, Lighting Design, Crafting, Erotic Fiction, Socially and Environmentally Sustainable Choices, Sexual Freedom, Adult-community education,

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

I have no actual experience with this toy. Please ignore this post and move on if someone else has used it.

That stated there are a few general concepts that can be applied when predicting what it might feel like.
Nerve-wheels can be a fun pin-point sensation all by themselves. Running two side-by-side, also fun. They can also be really intense with more pressure, less predictability, less recovery time.

With electricity, it's important to keep in mind that the smaller the contact point, the more intense the sensation. My partner, Russell, (not my dominant) has a knife that can be connected to a tens-unit, but he very rarely uses it because the small contact area is just too intense for most of his play partners (I'm an electricity whimp so he's never used it on me). I just had him take a look at it and he also pointed out that moving the wheel would cause a lot of variability in the amount of current going through at any one time as each spoke lifted or approached the skin. He's highly suspicious of how you could make it fun using the bi-polar connectors. He was excited about the double-nerve-wheel/violet wand combo, but then you may as well go with regular nerve wheels and save some money.

It looks hot, and would sure intimidate the hell out of me, but I'm not so sure how it would work in actual application.

There is my mostly uninformed opinion :very_confused:

I hope someone else can give you a different perspective.

#3 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

I have plenty of experience using a Wartenburg Wheel alone, and using it in conjunction with a contact plate and a violet wand. The device you pictured is a bi-polar device, and I am not totally familiar with that kind of electrical play. But a plain old, un-electrified Wartenburg Wheel can give some amazing sensations. Used with a violet wand, it can prove to be too intense for some people because either they dont like electrical sensations at all, or the sensations are just too strong. The energy from the violet wand is concentrated into the fine points of the Wartenburg Wheel, so they are stronger than if they were spread out as when you use a toy with a wide surface area.

I do believe that bipolar electric play should not be done above the waist because of the risks of causing death or damage. There are some exceptions discussed for above the waist play with bi-polar devices (see http://purplepassion...rical.info.html ). But compared to the generally safe and easy to use violet wand, bi-polar electric play requires top notch equipment that is in good repair, a good working knowledge of the body and the effects electricity has on it, some kind of training in using these toys safely, and a working knowledge of what to do to handle any emergencies that arise.

I bought a fun pervertible toy at a housewares store. I keep it with both my knives and the things I use for violet wand play. It's a little pastry wheel. It looks like a pizza cutter, but it is tiny. It has a plastic (non-conductive) handle. If you are using the violet wand's contact plate you can opt to shield the cutting wheel from the electricity by holding the plastic or you can electrify the wheel and intensify the sensations caused by it, by touching the steel rivet that holds the center of the wheel to the plastic handle. Like the points on the Wartenburg Wheel, the fine knife-edge of the pastry cutter concentrated and intensifies the sensations from the violet wand.

And Purple Passion is still a wonderful place to get your kinky shopping list filled. The owner, Hilton, is a gentleman, a great player in the scene, and a friend. I would love to see us support him by making purchases from his store. If you call the store and get Hilton on the phone, please do tell him Dale sent you. I have not thought about asking for a Master Dale Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board discount, but maybe thats a good idea. I will put that on my to-do list.

The website for Hilton's store is:

http://www.purplepassion.com/

Happy shopping and if you are going to try any of this, especially bi-polar play, try to do it the first few times with knowledgable friends so you learn the right way and dont learn by making mistakes at someone else's expense.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#4 User is offline   ready Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I am living in a D/s relationship of 8 years. We are living in the closet, the nature of O/our relationship is hidden totally from all O/our family and friends.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

My partner, Russell,

thanks for reminding me once again about this site...

ready

#5 User is offline   Michael's jewel Icon

• momma
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:NCSF<br />NLA-I<br /><br />http://fetlife.com/users/122937

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

Hello Lydia,

I am a bottom with tons of experience on that side of electro-stim play. He has never used the particular tool that you shared a link to. But, He uses his handy dandy violet wand with a number of things that create stimulation from ones that make me giggle to ones that make me scream. And everything in between. Not only do the tools vary the intensity levels but there is a dial for doing that too.

As already stated, the Whartonburg wheel used with the violet wand tends to be intense because as it turns, the contact points vary from the ones actually touching skin to the ones spinning and getting close enough to allow an arch of electricity.

I would suggest that if at all possible, find a friend who owns and has experience with a violet wand. They are on the pricey side, so trying before you buy one is key. It is also always a good idea to have more than one experienced person actually show you how to do some of the more risky forms of play...aka, edge play. A plus in doing this is also that because of the scariness of electricity and the intensity not being something for everyone, a person who owns one is almost always over joyed to tug it out, blow off the dust and share. We have a sadistic friend who loves his so much that he often goes to play parties, sits and gives samples to anyone who wants to try it out...there is often a line of people waiting for a taste....
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

-Judy Garland

WNCPEX Discussion*Support*Connection

#6 User is offline   MistressLydia Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Natural domme who is looking to better understand the domme/sub dynamic. Not looking to find someone... just want to interact with those who understand me. I discuss my ideas with friends but since none of them are, on their own, fascinated its a little one sided.<br /><br />Other interests: painting, sculpting, acting, rock climbing, being exposed to all types of music, dancing, cooking, reading, meeting interesting people who challenge my points of view and much more...

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

Michael, on Jul 6 2008, 10:54 AM, said:

Hello Lydia,

I am a bottom with tons of experience on that side of electro-stim play. He has never used the particular tool that you shared a link to. But, He uses his handy dandy violet wand with a number of things that create stimulation from ones that make me giggle to ones that make me scream. And everything in between. Not only do the tools vary the intensity levels but there is a dial for doing that too.

As already stated, the Whartonburg wheel used with the violet wand tends to be intense because as it turns, the contact points vary from the ones actually touching skin to the ones spinning and getting close enough to allow an arch of electricity.

I would suggest that if at all possible, find a friend who owns and has experience with a violet wand. They are on the pricey side, so trying before you buy one is key. It is also always a good idea to have more than one experienced person actually show you how to do some of the more risky forms of play...aka, edge play. A plus in doing this is also that because of the scariness of electricity and the intensity not being something for everyone, a person who owns one is almost always over joyed to tug it out, blow off the dust and share. We have a sadistic friend who loves his so much that he often goes to play parties, sits and gives samples to anyone who wants to try it out...there is often a line of people waiting for a taste....

Thank you Michael's Jewel,

I do have a friend who is in possession of a violet want and wheel, although he's locate back in Miami. He also recommended the violet wand highly.

Giggle to screaming and all in between...Definitely more intrigued.

I will for now look into buy a regular wheel for as I believe MDale has suggested. ( I have to reread his post...been away for a little while)

;)

#7 User is offline   MistressLydia Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

View PostMasterDale, on Jul 3 2008, 10:51 PM, said:

I have plenty of experience using a Wartenburg Wheel alone, and using it in conjunction with a contact plate and a violet wand. The device you pictured is a bi-polar device, and I am not totally familiar with that kind of electrical play. But a plain old, un-electrified Wartenburg Wheel can give some amazing sensations. Used with a violet wand, it can prove to be too intense for some people because either they dont like electrical sensations at all, or the sensations are just too strong. The energy from the violet wand is concentrated into the fine points of the Wartenburg Wheel, so they are stronger than if they were spread out as when you use a toy with a wide surface area.

I do believe that bipolar electric play should not be done above the waist because of the risks of causing death or damage. There are some exceptions discussed for above the waist play with bi-polar devices (see http://purplepassion...rical.info.html ). But compared to the generally safe and easy to use violet wand, bi-polar electric play requires top notch equipment that is in good repair, a good working knowledge of the body and the effects electricity has on it, some kind of training in using these toys safely, and a working knowledge of what to do to handle any emergencies that arise.

I bought a fun pervertible toy at a housewares store. I keep it with both my knives and the things I use for violet wand play. It's a little pastry wheel. It looks like a pizza cutter, but it is tiny. It has a plastic (non-conductive) handle. If you are using the violet wand's contact plate you can opt to shield the cutting wheel from the electricity by holding the plastic or you can electrify the wheel and intensify the sensations caused by it, by touching the steel rivet that holds the center of the wheel to the plastic handle. Like the points on the Wartenburg Wheel, the fine knife-edge of the pastry cutter concentrated and intensifies the sensations from the violet wand.

And Purple Passion is still a wonderful place to get your kinky shopping list filled. The owner, Hilton, is a gentleman, a great player in the scene, and a friend. I would love to see us support him by making purchases from his store. If you call the store and get Hilton on the phone, please do tell him Dale sent you. I have not thought about asking for a Master Dale Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board discount, but maybe thats a good idea. I will put that on my to-do list.

The website for Hilton's store is:

http://www.purplepassion.com/

Happy shopping and if you are going to try any of this, especially bi-polar play, try to do it the first few times with knowledgable friends so you learn the right way and dont learn by making mistakes at someone else's expense.

M. Dale

Wow...very informative and detailed. I will be referring back to this post when I work my way up to the bi-polar wheel. For now I'm going to look into buying a regular one. No need to race. I love sensation play so may as well start out small.

And I will make sure to mention this site when I purchase through purplepassion.com. I may even physically go there instead of online since I'm in the city.

As always, thanks for your support,
MLydia

#8 User is offline   MistressLydia Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:44 PM

View Postlil.red.ridinghood, on Jul 3 2008, 09:33 PM, said:

I have no actual experience with this toy. Please ignore this post and move on if someone else has used it.

That stated there are a few general concepts that can be applied when predicting what it might feel like.
Nerve-wheels can be a fun pin-point sensation all by themselves. Running two side-by-side, also fun. They can also be really intense with more pressure, less predictability, less recovery time.

With electricity, it's important to keep in mind that the smaller the contact point, the more intense the sensation. My partner, Russell, (not my dominant) has a knife that can be connected to a tens-unit, but he very rarely uses it because the small contact area is just too intense for most of his play partners (I'm an electricity whimp so he's never used it on me). I just had him take a look at it and he also pointed out that moving the wheel would cause a lot of variability in the amount of current going through at any one time as each spoke lifted or approached the skin. He's highly suspicious of how you could make it fun using the bi-polar connectors. He was excited about the double-nerve-wheel/violet wand combo, but then you may as well go with regular nerve wheels and save some money.

It looks hot, and would sure intimidate the hell out of me, but I'm not so sure how it would work in actual application.

There is my mostly uninformed opinion :very_confused:

I hope someone else can give you a different perspective.

Heehee...Red, your opinions are always welcomed whether or not you have had experience in a particular area. I enjoy reading your responses.

Please thank Russell for his input ,as well.

I will be starting small...no need to run ahead of myself when I'm sure I can begin with a regular nerve wheel and enjoy that until i need more.

;)
MLydia

#9 User is offline   tina1981 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

i know i am a little late coming into this convo... and while i haven't tried that particular toy (though it has caught my eyes now lol) i have had the wheel used in conjunction with the violet wand. i personally love it, though admittedly can't take the juice turned up as high with that particular toy as with others. I guess i don't really have anything to add just curious as to whether or not you tried it ;-P
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. "
- Elizabeth Kubler Ross

#10 User is offline   MistressLydia Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

tina1981,

Never to late for any convo.

Nope. Just indulging in a regular wheel at the moment. I was ready to jump straight to the electric double wheel but I'm glad that I choice to work up to it.

Not building my pain tolerance. (Pretty sure I my tolerance is pretty high for a newbie, as is.) But enjoying the ride.

Hey if you get to it before me let me know how you liked it! :) And, I'll do the same.

Cheers
MLydia

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users