Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: Is it time to plan a gathering? - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is it time to plan a gathering?

Poll: A Board Gathering?

What would be the biggest obsticles preventing you from attending?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What parts of the year are easiest for you to attend?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What parts of the US are you willing to travel to?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   ONEEOD Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Dom and Top Too (oh ya, that is another AOL screen name I have). Beaches at sunset, long walks, picnics, window shopping, dancing, racy romance novels and having my hair done. NOT!! I like tools, bottoms and reactions, not necessarily in that order.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

HisShy,

The bunch of us who were at the Fetish Flea were discussing this and from the comments we've received so far I think a dedicated event would be a little too much for most folks. They look like great events and I am sure some of us from the NE will be attending but we were looking for low cost (or no cost) options for those who will be traveling on a shoestring.

What I came up with so far is that Mazie and I can host a meet n' greet social for any groups who want to meet and hang out here on Staten Island during The Floating World weekend, 21-23 August 2009. The advantages are:

1. We can get someone to pick folks up at any of the airports locally (Newark, JFK, LaGuardia) at no cost to them.

2. Whoever wants to can open a sleeping bag wherever they find a clear spot (I already have the sleeping bags) and those who don't we can find low cost local arrangements for. We can find locals to transport folks back and forth for nothing.

3. Mazie has so much food here I don't see anyone needing to buy anything they don't want to that weekend.

4. For those who want to attend The Floating World, you can buy day passes and skip the hotel expenses. (That doesn't mean you can't visit the hotels for any parties or gatherings that are happening, they are all about 15 minutes away).

5. If we keep it local to us we can guarantee help, and there are probably more of us in one location than anywhere else in the country.

6. We can arrange low or no cost trips to Manhattan proper for shows, shopping, Paddles, etc. as well as anything local someone wants to see (maybe a midnight run to Atlantic City??). It's all within driving distance.

I am putting this out there for anyone that thinks this will work.

Bob (and Mazie)
"Seek and ye shall find"

#32 User is offline   ONEEOD Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Dom and Top Too (oh ya, that is another AOL screen name I have). Beaches at sunset, long walks, picnics, window shopping, dancing, racy romance novels and having my hair done. NOT!! I like tools, bottoms and reactions, not necessarily in that order.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

OK folks,

Time to poop or get off the pot. I was beginning to make plans for The Floating World and remembered that we never came to a concensus on a room gathering. I will say that Mazie and I will be doing day trips to the NJ convention center to check it out and help friends host small gatherings but will be available for anyone that wants to do this thing for most of the weekend. Those that don't want to go to The Floating World are welcome to hang here or do day trips into Manhattan, etc.

This is a big place, so 20 or 30 people hanging around is not unusual and there is a beach, tennis courts, sightseeing, etc. for those not inclined to do anything but meet and hang out. There is still time to arrange for rooms, transportation and sleeping space as needed.

Let me know as soon as possible.

Bob (and Mazie)
"Seek and ye shall find"

#33 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Hey Bob. We are going to be at FW and will be staying at the host hotel there in Edison. If something is going to be happening at your place, I will try to make it there. Right now, I just want to be flexible and open to all possibilities. It would be nice to meet up with anyone from here who is coming to the area for the event.

I will keep an eye out here...and please do call, Bob, if something happens last second. I am sure you guys have my cell number.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#34 User is offline   ONEEOD Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

Yep, got your number Dale. Doesn't look like overwhelming responses are going to keep us tied to the house so we might be using our weekend admissions after all. We will be at the Little's Pool Party anyway, and will be stopping by the dungeon and vendors sometime Saturday, probably after the pool party.

That will only take a few hours and there will be someone here at the house for those that DO want to come hang out and not go to The Floating World. If we don't get any takers we might spend more time in Edison and possibly even stay overnight. Who knows.

Bob
"Seek and ye shall find"

#35 User is offline   ONEEOD Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:09 AM

OK.

It is official. Any hope of an August meet is hereby dead. Perhaps something later in the year or early next spring can be discussed. Who knows.

Bob out.
"Seek and ye shall find"

#36 User is offline   HisShy Icon

• Active Contibutor
  • PipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:58 AM

Greetings BoB & Masie...
I have not been on the board for quite a while... I am not attending the Floating world ... So much happening in my little world right now it just isnt fesible. Please forgive me for not responding earlier. Despite your efforts It is clear that a gathering isnt workling out. Tis a shame really a shame. Your place sounds big and lovely... Plenty of room and space to gather tis a shame... Anywayssssssssssssssssssssss
My son lives in New Jersey and I visit him from time to time. Perhaps one visit I can make arrangments to meet you and yours...
Kind regards
His Shy

#37 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

Thank you for your efforts and generosity, Bob and Mazie.

And thanks to Red for also getting this whole thing rolling.

Perhaps better times will allow for more flexibility and opportunity to get together. I really do look forward to that when it can happen.

M. Dale

#38 User is offline   Greymantle Icon

• Active Contibutor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:D/s relationships<br />LARPing<br />Games, in all genres<br />Reading<br />Cloud Gazing<br />Gor

Post icon  Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

By the time I read through to the end of the first page, I realized I probably missed the end of 09 event. Having said that, it would be my 'first' bdsm anything I had seriously considered visiting. (one munch doesn't quite cut it, I'm sure)

I would be willing to attend the next NE US area gathering, so I will keep an eye on future postings.

Whatup to my friends from NC, havent seen some names in quite a long time.

:wigglebrow:

#39 User is offline   ONEEOD Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

Well.........

Mazie and I will be at the Fetish Flea in RI in February and the next Floating World in August (I think). If anyone knows of some other event we can tie a meet n greet to please let me know. I am only planning to be around here for the next 18 months, once I move to Tennessee the trips north will be few and far between.

Bob
"Seek and ye shall find"

#40 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

What is Floating World?

My man and I are *hoping* to travel more. We're tired of our stringent budget. :P Thunder is usually in August and we were thinking of going, but frankly I'd rather meet up with you all again.

We can't do the Flea this year due to a wedding (not ours--that's in May). Maybe next? Seems like I've been saying that for years now!
"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy

#41 User is offline   -cheyenne- Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

With M living in Lancaster, Pa now he is about 2 1/2 hours from NYC and 1 to 1 1/2 from Philly. So maybe we can find ourselves making a trip here and there possible? It would be great to see you all again! I mean that!!

I am not able to move just yet but hopefully within a year I will be joining him. My daughter starts college in the fall and I am working on getting my son to move with me. My house will be the only thing keeping me here. One way or another I will be closer to NY soon! I would love for M to attend a FF. I think he would enjoy it!

#42 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

I believe you know how to contact me off-Board, chey. I would be happy to see you any time you are out this way. I am sure Bob and Mazie would, too.

Dale

#43 User is offline   -cheyenne- Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

View PostMasterDale, on 04 May 2010 - 07:15 PM, said:

I believe you know how to contact me off-Board, chey. I would be happy to see you any time you are out this way. I am sure Bob and Mazie would, too.

Dale

That would be awesome MasterDale. I'm not sure when we will be able to travel up that way but I am off soon so you never know! :op~

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users