Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: Avatars: where and how? - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Avatars: where and how? i want a pretty picture too

#1 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:13 PM

i don't know much about computers, but i really like those pretty pictures all y'all have next to your names. i looked through the pre-approved selections, but none of them "fit" me. Are there any other places i could find one? And when i do, how do i 'upload' it or whatever?

Thanks and Hershey's kisses! (i love how people give me chocolate mid-February. Nummy.)
"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy

#2 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

Take a peek here:

http://md.masterdale...p?showtopic=168

If you need more help, come one back and we will get you fixed up.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

#3 User is offline   Gideons_willow Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:47 PM

*edit* MasterDale the ninja question answerer beat me to it :P

To make the avatar, First go to your profile, click 'Avatar Options' If you've found a picture you want to use, upload it to a website that allows offsite linking and paste that URL into the box marked 'Enter a URL to an online avatar image'.

Google Images is a good place to look for a picture to use and Image Shack is a good place to upload it for the link here.

The image used has to be 90 pixels X 90 pixels to fit. If you need to resize and don't have a program that allows that, you can send it to me and I'll shrink it for you :)

willow

This post has been edited by Gideons_willow: 12 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. ~~Dave Barry

#4 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:07 PM

Heh. Yeah, i really wasn't kidding about not knowing much about computers. :hatecomp:

Willow, i think i'll take you up on your offer...i tried some google searches but all the pretty ones were 100 x 100. i'll mess around with that "image shack" thing and get back to you via PM soon. Thanks!
"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy

#5 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

Thanks willow!!

Ain't she a cutie?

#6 User is offline   Gideons_willow Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

:) Anytime

willow
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. ~~Dave Barry

#7 User is offline   Ginger Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

Lovely -- it's lovely

Ginger

"At times it is strangely seductive to know the extent of your own powerlessness." Erica Jong

#8 User is offline   ready Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I am living in a D/s relationship of 8 years. We are living in the closet, the nature of O/our relationship is hidden totally from all O/our family and friends.

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

woo-woo.. nice one! I'm due for a new one too!

ready

#9 User is offline   ready Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I am living in a D/s relationship of 8 years. We are living in the closet, the nature of O/our relationship is hidden totally from all O/our family and friends.

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

done!

#10 User is offline   lovely1 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:59 PM

Mmmm...ready, thanks for the lovely picture! Now you and Ginger are tied for the nicest ass in town. :moon:

#11 User is offline   honeypenny Icon

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Is still discovering them...*winks*

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

Hmmmmmm's...MDale Sir? This should be Your expertise...i want to change my avatar, but i don't want to lose the one i have...and the original pic was lost ages ago....Anyway to keep it and change the avatar?

penny
If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities. ~~~Maya Angelou~~~

#12 User is offline   MasterDale Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

Hi penny. The simplest way for you to save the avatar you are using is to use the tools you had there all the time, Dorothy. You always had the power to save your own image *winks*

Right click on your avatar. On the menu that pops up, click on "Save Picture as..." and then just make sure you put it someplace you can find it again. That's the easiest thing to do to save it.

If you want a little more elaboration, I dont think that using a new avatar destroys your old one. I am not positive though. But you can check of the pic remains after the change by calling it's URL up in a browser window. How do you do that? Simple.

Right click on your avatar.

On the Menu that pops up, click Properties.

On the properties menu, you will see the URL of your pic. That is http://md.masterdale...oads/av-135.jpg Save this URL someplace. I would copy/paste it into a notepad file and save it in MyDocuments.

You can then copy/paste that URL into a new browser window's address bar and bring up the pic if it still exists on the server.

Hope this helps.

M. Dale
Be careful of what you wish for....Posted Image ....you just might get it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users