Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board: LEATHER HISTORY IN THE PALM OF YOUR HANDS! - Master Dale's Lifestyle Community Bulletin Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LEATHER HISTORY IN THE PALM OF YOUR HANDS! Nashville Event

#1 User is offline   Michael's jewel Icon

• momma
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:NCSF<br />NLA-I<br /><br />http://fetlife.com/users/122937

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:55 PM

For more information: Leather History

Please forward as needed.

You know our leather history must be out there, but you’ve never seen it with your own eyes. We’ve all heard about magazines like Drummer, SandMutopian Guardian, and Dungeon Master, but how about Bizarre, Fantasia and The Justice Weekly, or books like Venus in Furs? And when was the last time you could touch and even actually read them? Join us in Nashville, TN as Vi Johnson brings a large piece of her extensive, personal leather library and serves as your guide through the pages of our Leather History.

Matthew Cary of Leather Journey Magazine has arranged for Vi to bring our leather history to The Mark, Nashville's newest community meeting spot, on Saturday, October 29, 2005. From 11:00 am until 5:00 pm, you’ll have access to over 1,100 books, magazines and pieces of leather history that Vi has collected over her 25+ years in the community. In addition to a presentation about leather history in literature, Vi will be circulating among guests and offering insights, memories and answers to specific questions about her collection.

Lunch is included in the cost of $40.00 per person.* Space is limited, register early! Event guests will receive a discounted rate of $10.00 for The Mark's gala Halloween party, which will be held that evening starting at 8 P.M. Proceeds Leather History 1, “Hands on History” will go directly to offset the printing costs of Leather Journey Magazine’s second issue, which will be dedicated to what we as individuals can do to preserve our history, with an article focused on boi Gwen Hardy’s “Colors of Leather” and “Leather History Timeline” projects.

* Pre-Registration cost. $60.00 at the door. $40.00 Pre-Registration ends October 1, 2005
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

-Judy Garland

WNCPEX Discussion*Support*Connection

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users